Friday, April 8, 2011

Mother Nature you silly girl!


It’s Friday, it’s Friday! Who doesn’t love Fridays? And it’s moving day for us. I packed up pretty much all my stuff yesterday except my computer. Today I get to pack my bosses’ stuff. I was in Lorne’s office yesterday looking around and holy cow, he has more stuff than I do! It will be a challenge.


Never mind. I am looking forward to a mellow weekend of hanging around my house and visiting my mother and my sister. I might even get both of them out for a good walk in nature. Let’s hope Nature cooperates. Yesterday I was startled to get a call from my accountant when she asked me how much snow we got in Calgary. Snow? We got more than 6 inches in town while Calgary got zero. Naturally I spent the rest of the afternoon fretting about the drive home but fortunately there was nothing on the roads and only a bit of flying snow just out of Calgary.


Mother Nature you unpredictable woman you! How many odes have been written to you? What a silly question when Emily Dickinson had written hundreds! I particularly like The Bee. Have you noticed how people appreciate nature much more as they get older? When we are young we don’t think about it though we are revelling in it every day. How much we enjoyed catching polliwogs and hoping to see them sprout their legs. Watching and counting the ladybugs’ dots. Noticing the different coloured butterflies. I’ve always adored butterflies and even started a card collection of them. They were in Red Rose Tea as I recall.


This morning just before the alarm rang I thought “April and we still have mounds of snow, gross.” But what can you do about it? The O magazine has a big article and quiz on Optimism this month and the key is to “think positive” so I will positively see no snow when I get outside this morning. Here’s hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment