Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Positive Thinking


I truly believe in the power of positive thinking. For one thing, when a person has positive thoughts she has a happier state of mind which is a bonus. Then thinking positively the outcome is frequently what you want it to be. In today’s case, I did get the parking just as I hoped! Next step, organizing a car pool to help pay for it and share the risk of driving downtown.


Mornings are my favourite time of day. I love my positive energy when I get up, I love all the plans I have for the day and I love breakfast! I love the sunrise and the birds tweeting. I love to see Thumper and Cherie watching me to see if they get to go out to play or if they get to frolick with me because it’s “Saturday”. Mornings are fresh with possibility. I’m energized and ready to take on the world.


Now isn’t this just like Pollyanna and The Glad Game? I loved that movie when I was a kid (and I still love it). True confession, I still adore children’s books and teen novels. Sometimes I think they are actually better written than adult novels. Certainly they have more core values in them than adult stories and most often they are cheerful. I am not a fan of Oprah’s picks because they are usually dark and dreary stories of despair and hopelessness. I don’t like to take that mood to bed with me since it would give me nightmares.


Yep, I am just Pollyanna at heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment