Sunday, December 30, 2018

As Time Goes By


While some say that time is a manmade concept I take the position that time is a real thing. Every moment is something and we call it “time”.  The reality of one moment in time passes onto the next and so on; what can that be but the passage of “time”?  I don’t want to burden my brain with too much esoteric philosophy but rather move into the personal and relatable idea of time.
When a doctor tells you that your time is limited on this earth a new type of thinking comes into play; it is inevitable no matter how much one wants to be positive and optimistic. Always at the edge of your mind you have this “suggestion” that time is limited. That makes every moment precious and every event memorable. Yesterday I talked with Chester, our little chatterbox in the East, and he told about his Christmas presents and the snow and what he and Stanley were going to do. Stanley is shyer about talking on the telephone but he managed to say a few words to me before flying off somewhere to play with his nerf-gun (whatever that may be). Apparently it was HUGE.  Later in the day 2 more great-nephews came by to celebrate After-Christmas and we were all reminded that this season is so much better when there are kids around.
Family gathering around at this time is such a blessing. I had to laugh a little when politics came up and all the girls but me left the room. I guess I am made of sterner stuff than most because I can raise my voice as loud as the boys! We had an enjoyable time all “agreeing” in the typical family way – by talking over each other. J
What can I say except that we are passionate in our beliefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment