Wednesday, December 5, 2018

You Can't Fix Stupid . . . You Have to Walk Around It


I am sure there are many people who are extremely annoyed by the amount of absurd posts that occur on social media. As Proverbs says “against a fool even a wise man fights in vain”. I thought I would venture into the world of Google to try to discover if indeed this is so. I have been stopped in my tracks by the remarkable article in Wikipedia which is both funny and dismal at the same time. I attach the link at the bottom of the blog, I think you will find it interesting to say the least and let me say a certain person in a big white house crossed my mind as I read it!
Along with the legions of stupid people we also have an alarming number of sociopaths who are manipulating our world. In particular I refer to the creator of Facebook who is defying social order deliberately and helping to create a world of chaos and hatred. I do not say this lightly but following the news closely in recent months I find myself puzzled as to why Zuckerberg refused to attend various inquiries and even more puzzling why the authorities did not insist on that attendance. A simple correction in algorithms would prevent people from going down dark gopher holes into a world of misinformation and malevolence.
I am an optimist in the long run but in the short term I am a worrier and it is very concerning that the world is racing along willy-nilly without remembering 2 axioms from 2 world wars “lest we forget” and “never again”.
This blog is written to the readers who are bright, have common sense and perhaps can make their world positive and strong by their own initiatives. Little circles eddy outwards. We can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment