Monday, December 24, 2018

Glædelig Jul


Our family holds to the Danish tradition of celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve rather than on the 25th. We also hold with the Viking traditions that have been inserted into the Christmas, such as dancing around the tree while singing carols, and eating a lot! I’ve attached the Wikipedia link on our traditions which have not changed much in this family – you can take the Dane out of Denmark but don’t mess with our Christmas!
It amazes me that so many Canadians do not know what marzipan is . . . the most delectable chocolate bar ever invented! This year we have not been able to find it anywhere; Co-op used to bring in some and I always bought up whatever was on the shelf but the past 2 years they have not had them.  I think my nephew brought some back last year so we did have a little but this year, nada. (a wee tear is developing in my eye as I write).
I want to wish all my family, friends and readers the most wonderful Christmas ever. Stay safe!
Merry Christmas – Glædelig Jul – Feliz Navidad – Joyeux Noel - Fröhliche Weihnachten

No comments:

Post a Comment