Thursday, December 6, 2018

Ballerinas and other crafts


Yesterday’s One New Thing was research into stupidity but now let’s get on with something a little more creative.  I still haven’t worked out my camera problem (essentially how to get one or two photos added to my album; it wants to download all my pictures again and again!) so I cannot currently put up what I made yesterday.
I watch the Marilyn Denis show in the mornings and they often have folks on who show DIY projects; the other day was one on creating inexpensive “filler” decorations for the Christmas tree. One of them was a ballerina with a snowflake for a tutu simply made of stock or construction paper and the snowflake from regular paper.  I upgraded my tutu by using Origami paper stock and also made my ballerinas pale blue instead of white. My idea is to make them into a wind chime or window charm since I will not be putting up a tree this year. They turned out really well. All you need to do is find some clipart ballerinas, trace them on to the stock paper and you are good to go! It was a soothing little craft.
The other craft will have to wait until tomorrow because I don’t have any Modge Podge (not even sure what it is!) but John has agreed to take me to Dollarama tomorrow to get some – fortunately we have to go anyway as we need more chicken feed for our girls.
This other craft requires some 4x4 canvas which you can get at the dollar store in a package; you then modge podge the canvas (using the modge podge with sparkles is best) and then you adhere the desired picture onto the canvas. The lady on Marilyn (whose name I forget at the moment) used musical sheet paper from The Nutcracker since her tree was themed that way but she said you can use any sort of picture you like, from old time Christmas pictures to Merry Christmas messages. Once added then you modge podge again and add your own glitter for that extra something. Again, I am thinking of doing mine double-sided so they can be chimes rather than just ornaments for the tree.
Once I get my camera working properly I will take photos of the projects and post them as a special blog!
Aren’t you excited to see them. J

No comments:

Post a Comment