Friday, December 7, 2018

Daily Creativity Can Be a Challenge


I must say that unless you watch DIY shows all day long it can be a challenge to come up with your own versions of creativity! Once again I ask myself “where do you get your crazy theme ideas from” but wisely I refuse to answer myself.
Of course creativity is not all about crafts or making things. I already made an attempt at memorizing a poem (and what a bosh I made of that). During the night I thought “why don’t you go back to writing a Haiku” then spent most of the night awake refining some gibberish Christmas Haiku which I naturally forget the moment I woke up!
I am looking somewhat sceptically at a piece of crochet work that my sister in law started for me and which I have already unravelled twice wondering if it should be my next project. It is supposed to be a baby blanket and once upon a time I could make a blanket in a couple of days but today I can barely get 4 inches done and not very tidily at that. Ah for the use of one’s hands again!
So today I am going to use “fig nut” as my moment of creativity. When my youngest brother was young ( J ) he once was in a store and looked at some fig newton cookies and went “fig nut”! He suddenly realized he hadn’t had these cookies for years and had a craving for them. When he brought them home he told us the story and we were all enraptured by his word “fig nut” and to this day whenever we get a brilliant (or not so brilliant) idea we say “fig nut”. 
And that’s the way it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment