Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Boxing Day


For many people Boxing Day is the day to go bargain shopping but I gave up on that many years ago as I found the crowds too stressful to cope with. But once upon a time I was really into the post-Christmas shopping and would frequently find a lot of gifts for THE NEXT CHRISTMAS. The nice thing about that was that I got things at a bargain price and I could then shop throughout the year for additional gifts with a strain on the budget.
As I got more anti-crowds I found that there was still lots of good deals to be had in January and I pretty much could get what I wanted then since most people were now impoverished with December debt. I was cold hearted enough to think it was my good luck!  These days I don’t do much shopping because brother John curbs my enthusiasm! What can I say, I do like to shop for other people as well as myself but I have to be a little bit more sensible these days; after all, what do people really need?
But I ask you, if you see a gorgeous Christmas tablecloth for $5.99 are you going to leave it for someone else?  I didn’t think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment