Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Feeling the Love


As Christmas draws nearer and nearer I can feel love in the air; it is palpable. “Is love a fancy or a feeling?”
I know that Christmas can be fraught with anxiety (what do I get for this person, how much money do I have left, how will I pay the bills in January, will Uncle Henry ruin the day again) and time management considerations (who will I disappoint this year but not coming, can I make it to 3 events on this day). You get the idea, there are plenty of things to worry one over the holidays which are not routine stresses. Not everyone can manage their schedules or their funds to the best advantage, I understand that.
However there is the upside to the holidays because there is a genuine cheerfulness in the air when you meet people on the street (maybe not so much in the mall) or when you make a phone call and end with saying “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays”, people seem to like that (at least that is my experience). The smells are wonderful, the real evergreens, the scent of cinnamon and peppermint, baking cookies, breads, buns and savory dishes. Receiving Christmas cards in the mail and these days there is also the surprise of an Amazon delivery here and there!
Best of all family and friends come together more often, send messages, make phone calls or just show up for coffee! We had the fun of having our Swiss wanderer arrive on our doorstep yesterday afternoon, coffee in hand and ready to regale us with his autumn and listen to our rather mundane events of the past few months.
Welcome home Junior!

No comments:

Post a Comment