Thursday, December 27, 2018

Reflecting on the Year


As we get to the end of the year and perhaps contemplating New Year’s Resolutions it also becomes a time when we like to think about the year we have just had. On a personal level it has been a pretty good one for me. It started out quite scary as I landed in the hospital on December 31st but managed to come home the same day (false alarm). Then a couple of weeks later the neuropathy hit me hard with me losing ability to even hold a pen in my hand. That caused a change in the chemo formula which quickly made things easier for me. I still have tingling in my hands and I seldom can feel my feet (still waddle and have to be very careful when walking) but I can use my hands to write and craft so that brought back my “quality of life”.
I had a very enjoyable summer of gardening, a great 65th birthday bash and a lovely travel episode down to see my sister and meet my great nephews (little sweethearts, all three of them). All winter I had worked on my genealogy and “met” various cousins (Lisbeth, Thomas og Soren) which was extremely thrilling for me. From a very young age I have always been fascinated with family lore and genealogy so it was very exciting to make these connections.
The fall found me working on my card making and more family connections were happening on a closer level. Since the spring I’ve had movie nights with my brother and sister-in-law at least every 2 weeks which have been extremely fun. My other great nephew has been coming with them on several occasions and of course grandma loves to see the little guy. He is so sweet, talkative and energetic!

It’s been a good year all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment