Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas


Second juler dag (Christmas Day) in our extended family included stewed spinach, fat pork sausages and brown sugared potatoes made into little round balls. Faster Jonna was the queen of Christmas and when she was on her first memorable visit here we heard about this meal – one which we had never had. Dad was all for Mom starting this tradition and I think she tried it once or twice but she is not very good at the browned potatoes part of it and we kids were not so thrilled with the spinach part of it (what kid is, really?)
In this family the boys eat left over duck while we girls (into the next generation) breakfast on the leftover rice pudding with the hot cherry sauce. It’s been my tradition since my teenage years and I know my sisters are well into it also; I heard a rumour this morning that so is my niece!
Wishing everyone a hearty meal for second day of Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment